The Adirondack ran with all heritage equipment in the late 90s, which included a full baggage car, former “Clocker” coaches and a Lounge, such as the one seen here. Renamed “L’Auberge Laurentien” for use in this service, this car was originally built for the Santa Fe. It is decorated with a decent size Adirondack logo, whereas the coaches had a smaller version in the white stripe.
The Baggage Car on the rear of the Boston section of the Lake Shore is on the left and F40 271 waits for its next assignment on the right. It will likely take the Maple Leaf west to Toronto.
Empire Service Jul. 69 by Joseph Petric
PC Empire Service #72 from Buffalo, with NYC E8 #4046, awaits the through coaches from D&H Laurentian #34 at Albany-Rensselaer, July 1969.
Alco RS2 4007 with Albany–Binghamton train 202 at Oneonta, N.Y., June 28, 1949.
Pacific 606 with New York–Whitehall, N.Y., train 5 at Albany Union Station, late 1940s; tower in background is D&H headquarters.
Pacific 652 with Albany–Binghamton train 202 at Delanson, N.Y., 6 p.m., Sept. 7, 1947.
Ten-Wheeler 523 with Binghamton–Albany train 209 near Tunnel, N.Y., about 15 miles out of Binghamton, March 1947.
Wooden coaches on Albany–Binghamton train 208 at Albany Union Station, circa 1945–46.
Ten-Wheeler 505 with Albany–Binghamton train 302 at Sidney, N.Y., May 1941.
Ten-Wheeler 524 with Binghamton–Albany train 305, 3 miles north of Binghamton, 7:25 a.m., May 14, 1938.