BN E9Am 9925
Burlington Northern Railroad E9Am 9925 westbound at Cicero, Illinois on an unknown day in October 1979, Kodachrome by Chuck Zeiler. Built as CB&Q E9 9995 in August 1954 ( c/n 19634 ) it became BN 9995 on March 2, 1970. It was sold to the West Suburban Mass Transit District August 18, 1972 and leased back to the BN. During July 1973 it was rebuilt by Morrisdon Knudsen and returned as BN 9925, still leased from the WSMTD under contract with the Regional Transit Authority. It was named, “Jorge Iorgulescu”, and continued to operate in commuter service until retired in July 1992. It appears that it later went to the Nashville & Eastern ( along with 9910, 9912, 9917 ) to be used on a proposed commuter service.