BN E9Am 9908
Burlington Northern Railroad E9Am 9908 and 9911 at Canal Street in Chicago, Illinois on an unknown day in September 1979, Kodachrome by Chuck Zeiler. Number 9908 was built in September 1953 ( c/n 18318 ) as CB&Q E8 9976, it became BN 9976 on March 2, 1970. It was sold to the West Suburban Mass Transit District on April 1, 1977 and leased back the BN. Rebuilt by Morrison Knudsen during June 1978, it returned as BN 9908, leased to the BN for operation and maintenance until retired in July 1992. It became MARC 68, later MARC 92, and now resides at the Illinois Railway Museum at Union, Illinois.