C&EI FP7 1601
Chicago & Eastern Illinois FP7 1601 at 47th Street in Chicago, Illinois on October 31, 1965, Kodachrome by Chuck Zeiler. Number 1601 was built in August 1949 (c/n 7536) on EMD Order E1076, renumbered to C&EI 934, becoming L&N 671 sometime after February 2, 1968.
This was combined Train 93-5, The Georgian (# 93) and The Humming Bird (# 5), departing Dearborn Station daily at 3:45 PM, arriving at Evansville, Indiana at 9:55 PM, where it was handed over to the L&N and continued on to Nashville, Tennessee. At Nashville, it was broken into individual trains, with # 93 continued on to Atlanta, Georgia and # 5 continued on to New Orleans, Louisiana.
The June 1965 edition of The Official Guide lists a Sleeping Car included for # 93 (4 Section, 4 Roomette, 5 Double Bedroom), as well as a Sleeping Car for # 5 (10 Roomette, 6 Double Bedroom), a Club Lounge, a Dining Car, and unreserved seat Coaches.